Eoin Hurst Photo Daily

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

10 days to go


Right guys, 10 days to go until the pantheon of the gods, the pinnacle of paddling heaven, the ambrosia of competitiveness, that is the Intervarsities. I can almost taste the blood, sweat, tears, and semen that go into these battles to the death to be the best long distance paddler out there.
Not only have I graciously, despite begging off everyone to enter everything singlehandedly, graced the club with my superiour LD prowess, I shall also be competing in the polo competition. We had a practice last night and boy can i tell you the othe 4guys and a chick(whats the deal with girls trying to do sport these days anyways, they cant even benchpress1 kayak let alone the 432 that i do everymorning before eating a baby) they really letting team Hurst down, I mean the audacity of them to tell ME to zone up??? Sure if I do that then who is going to singlehandidly be goalie, defender, turn over possession every time and score every single goal? Pure selfishness on their part, I feel.
Then those wannabes went drinking beer after, and eating chips, dont they know that a true athlete drinks only water and eats only raw carrots, yes as I am also a gourmet chef, I like to prepare spectacular 4 course meals using only these ingredients.
Still somedays when i feel a little down, and Long Distance just isnt helping me feel it, I check my favourite site, http://tinyurl.com/eaztw it never fails to help raise me from the deepest darkest pits of depression, and confirm that yes I am on the true path to surpass any semi-pro paddler before me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home